MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

More fillers

Here are some more of the fillers I used in Block 7...




My next post will feature the entire block.  And then it's on to the finishing (which I'm working on now).   

It's finally turned warm here - almost too warm, and a shock to the system.  Yesterday the temperature reading in our car was 32 degrees Celsius.  Now the plants and trees are really growing fast (as my allergies are fond of reminding me!).  

Today your quote is from Anthony J. D'Angelo...."Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine"








8 comments:

  1. Very lovely fillers on your final courtship block. Lovely links for all the knitted wearables. My Grandma used to make these ric rac flowers which just goes to show...everything old is new again. You really do a lot of work to link such wonderful eye candy ideas and I thank you. Be careful with the allergies Sweet Mary Anne. Our yellow pollen is seriously bad this year after all the rain we have had finally. One of the gardeners we needed to quote us landed in the hospital not able to breathe from working in the pollen. Stay Well Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the top one with the pink buttons threaded with the beads! Clever! Love those cute ric rac flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see your fillers. YOu have such a talent for putting stitches together for a perfect place to rest your eye when admiring a block.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love todays quote. The little pink button and flowers are so sweet. Thanks for the link for the ric rac flowers. I'll use those for some rabbit clothes. I'll sue thee buttons with the beds too. These are so genteel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work
    Thank you for the link to the ric rack flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching Mary Anne! I love all the wonderful details you are adding to these blocks. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching, Mary Anne. I do enjoy seeing what you come up with in your Crazy Stitch projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's such a pleasure to see these tiny details Mary Anne, these illustrate perfectly the care and time which goes into your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.