MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

A little bit more


Another bit of work completed on my latest block...





Blanket stitch (dark green); fly stitch (blue); lazy daisies (light green); cast on stitch or you could use bullions (pink); and either beads or French knots.


I think I showed you the base part of the vine that is now complete.  I used one of Sharon Boggon's wonderful stencils to draw out the vine and then I completed it with some heart-shaped beads.  The leaves were done using fly stitch and lazy daisies. 

If you'd like to check out Sharon's stencils, go HERE.   I have no affiliation, but I highly recommend them!





 
 

Today your quote is from Maya Angelou..."You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them"




7 comments:

  1. The vine is lovely, Mary Anne and those heart beads are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the vine with heart beads. This block is really coming along. Fabulous February Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. More beautiful treatments Mary Anne.... the vine is delightful.... just love those little heart-shaped buttons! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitches my dear ... and thank you so much for your visit to my blog. You are always so uplifting in your comments. I do hope all is well with you. Will enable comments for next post ;o). With lots of love from Cornwall UK xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote a comment here yesterday and realized I didn't send it. Such is life!!! Love the heart shaped beads. They work quite well with the vines. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh....love the heart shaped beads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to join the chorus of appreciation for the little lavender-colored heart-flowers. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.