MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Case of the Knitting Needles

One of my friends who had her birthday last week had admired the case I had for my circular knitting needles.  She is a KNITTER (whereas I can safely call myself a knitter).  Because she is a KNITTER she has lots of needles and therefore my little case wouldn't come close to holding her collection. 

Here's mine....
My case handily holds 12 circular needles (and will hold more if you double them up).

After much thought and finangling, I tripled the
size and made her this one...

Hers will hold 36 needles.  I can see a couple of things I would change if I were to make another one, but she's happy with my first effort.  I can see though that it won't be long until I have to make her another one - she already has this one filled!

My original holder is from Butterick pattern # 5006 and in both cases I used recycled denim from my stash, along with some cotton fabric.

5 comments:

  1. That is a great gift for your friend. Very clever the way you "up-sized" the pattern.

    I received my book in the mail this afternoon! It is so well written. Thank you so much. I will post a photo of it and a link to your blog in the next few days.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good idea, mine are all in various vases, decorating the top of one bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great gift... I make things to hold my stash and in no time need another...hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea, and a great gift for your lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.